Perpetuem is a state-of-the-art proprietary fuel blend specifically formulated for use during competition and training lasting two hours or longer.
The result of several years of research and thousands of miles of testing in endurance disciplines, Perpetuem satisfies the body's fueling needs no matter how long or difficult your race or training session is.
Perpetuem Contains: Complex Carbohydrates, long-chain maltodextrins for easy digestion and smooth burning. Soy Protein, a new calcium-enhanced protein known as "XT" makes up nearly 10% of the caloric profile of Perpetuem, the same percentage as is cannilbalized during long endurance races or workouts. Fat, a de-oiled "super lecithin" (extracted from soybean) is ideal for consistently and reliably fueling the body and maximizing energy production from stored fatty acids.
• Tribasic Sodium Phosphate (TSP), TSP is an exceptional buffering agent that neutralizes the effects of excess lactic acid during exercise and helps to increase endurance by balancing the acid/alkaline levels in the blood.
• Chromium Polynicotinate is a trace mineral that adds a hormone-like regulation to expand efficient carbohydrate metabolism. Since all carbohydrates are eventually reduced in the body to simple glucose (the body's primary source of energy), Chromium Polynicotinate provides the go-between action by "plugging" serum glucose from the bloodstream directly to the muscle cell.
• L-Carnitine, an amino acid cousin, acts as a transporter of fatty acids into muscle mitochondrial cells where the muscle fuels are burned for energy production. Most of us carry at least 85,000-90,000 calories of energy in fatty-acid stores. If the body is depleted or low in L-Carnitine, our fatty acid reserves are unavailable because they lack sufficient amounts of this carrier agent.
• Choline Barbitrate, a member of the B-complex family, also functions at the cellular level, helping the body access its stored fatty acids for energy conversion.
• Carnosine, a naturally occurring dipeptide from the amino acids histidine and alanine, functions primarily to buffer lactate buildup in muscle structures and acts as a multiple free-radical scavenging antioxidant.
• A modest electrolyte profile is also included in PERPETUEM.
SUGGESTED DOSES FOR PERPETEUM*
* Up to 120 pounds: 1 scoop/hour
* 120-155 pounds: 1-1.5 scoops/hr
* 155-180 pounds: PERPETUEM 2 scoops/hr
* 180+ pounds: 2.5 - 3 scoops/hr
*Suggested dose only. Test in training to see what works best for you. 2 scoops per serving size.